A keto/low-glycemic protein snack option high in gut healthy benefits
Calm yourself with a nourishing cup of Zen Matcha Latte. This version is travel-friendly as you can mix the powder and just add hot water when ready to prepare. A baby formula dispenser with sections is a great way to carry this with you for a snack on the go.
- 1 ½ teaspoons Matcha Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Acacia Senegal Fiber Powder
- 1 – 2 scoops hydrolyzed Collagen Powder from a non-GMO source
- ½ – 1 teaspoon Sugar (cane, organic or non-GMO) or Honey
- 10-12 ounces hot Water (180-190 F)
- To a 12 ounce mug or larger, add the coconut milk powder, Acacia Senegal fiber and collagen powder. If preparing as a mix for later use, add sugar of choice. If preparing for immediate consumption, you may add the sweetener of your choice after water has been added.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over the mug, spoon the matcha powder into the sieve. Using the back of a spoon, sift the matcha powder to create a finer powder. Combine with a spoon, breaking up any lumps.
- Slowly add 2 ounces (¼ cup) warm water. (Water that has been heated to the boiling point intensifies the grassy taste of the matcha. Let the water cool if it has reached the boiling point.) Whisk the mixture in a zigzag motion for about 10 to 15 seconds until the tea reaches a bright, green color and the consistency of a frothy paste.
- Add the remaining water, whisk again to combine.