Hot summer days call out for cooling relief from the heat. Garden fresh flavors of vine ripe heirloom tomatoes and sweet watermelon come together with fresh mint and basil in Tomato & Watermelon Gazpacho. The smoky and balsamic-like notes of Texas Black Gold Garlic add depth. A drizzle of Black Gold Garlic and olive oil adds the crowning touch.
|Prep time:||25 minutes|
|Inactive time:||1 hour|
|Servings:||6 – 8|
- 4 medium Tomatoes (preferably heirloom varieties), chopped
- 4 cups diced seedless Watermelon
- 1 Cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon crushed Texas Black Gold Garlic (about 8 – 10 cloves)
- 1 medium Shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup each loosely packed Basil and Mint, plus small crown leaves for topping
- Kosher salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned Rice Vinegar
Black Gold Garlic drizzle
- 1 tablespoon crushed Texas Black Gold Garlic (about 6 – 8 cloves)
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Place all ingredients through basil and mint in a large bowl. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the olive oil and vinegars.
- Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor in batches as necessary. If you prefer a liquid without solids, strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible, then discard the solids. (Great for your compost pile!) Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- To serve, top the soup with a Black Gold Garlic drizzle and the small herb leaves.