Margarita Fruit Compote combines light, fragrant fruits with the amazing chemistry of orange liqueur and top shelf tequila for a rich taste experience. Serve ala mode over a simple pound cake or angel food cake or our Goat Cheese Cheesecake.
|Cook Time:||20 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Servings:||4 – 6|
- 1 pint Strawberries, washed
- 1 large or 2 small Mangoes
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (cane, organic or non-GMO)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated Lime Zest
- juice of 1 fresh Lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Extra Anejo Tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Orange Liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- Super premium Vanilla Ice Cream
- optional: Pound Cake or Yellow Cake
1. Hull strawberries and cut into halves or quarters. Place in a non-reactive (glass or ceramic) bowl.
2. Hold mango with one hand and stand on end, stem side down. With a sharp knife, cut alongside hard, flat oblong pit in the middle. Don’t try cut through the pit. Then cut the opposite side. You will have three sections. Holding one of the fleshy sections in the palm of your hand, make rows of diagonal cuts with a small paring knife without cutting through the peel. Then make crosswise cuts to form small dices. Invert the half so that the sections separate and carefully trim them away from the peel. Repeat with other fleshy half. Add to bowl.
3. Add sugar, lime juice and zest, extra anejo tequila and orange liqueur to bowl. Toss gently to combine. (Warning: Hide this from your guests until serving time. Fragrance is intoxicatingly attractive.) Let stand for at least 20 minutes for flavors to meld. Spoon over super premium vanilla ice cream. fresh pound cake or yellow cake.