Break out of the beef-only-burger rut
Lamb Burgers overcome the gaminess of the lamb with the addition of Italian sausage. Match the gourmet taste with pretzel buns or Hawaiian sweet rolls. These make great sliders, too! We pair Creamy Coastal Coleslaw or Quick Faux Kimchi with these burgers.
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||15 minutes|
|Method:||Grill or Stove top|
- 2 pounds ground Lamb
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian Sausage, mild or spicy
- 1/4 cup plain Bread Crumbs
- 6 – 8 bakery-fresh Torta rolls or burger buns
- Slider variation: 16 small rolls or buns
- Manchego Cheese
- optional: fresh Arugula or sautéed sliced Mushrooms
Blend together in a bowl and add to taste:
- 2 tablespoons Seasoning for grilled meats
- 2 teaspoons Greek Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, blend Ground Lamb and Italian Sausage by hand. Add seasoning to taste. Integrate up to 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs for improved cohesion.
- Divide into 6 – 8 portions. Shape by hand or with a burger press. Patties should be loose, not tightly compressed.
- Cooking on the grill is always best, but skillet or broiler will do in a pinch. Cook patties 2 – 4 minutes per side over medium heat. Patties are done when firm in the middle. Toast or griddle split rolls or buns.
- Top with manchego cheese and fresh arugula or sautéed sliced mushrooms.
Wine Pairing Guide
Want to know more about how to select the best bottle for your budget? You can find a great bottle at any price range if you know how to determine quality vs. price. Learn more in our primer Selecting the Best Wine for Your Budget.