Ripe, juicy fresh summer fruit topped with Goat Cheese Mousse Romanoff is a dessert that’s stunningly simple, yet elegant. Visit your local farmer’s market to find the freshest goat cheese such as the one we use from Goatilicious of New Braunfels, TX. The flavor of locally produced cheeses will vary with terroir and seasons — as in wine production.
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Inactive time:||1 hour|
|Servings:||6 – 8|
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 – 5 ounces Chevre (soft Goat Cheese) at room temperature
- ¼ cup Heavy (Whipping) Cream
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 ounce Brandy or Cognac
Fruit and serving options
- Fruit(s) of choice: Peaches, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries
- Vanilla cake, Angel Food cake, Ladyfingers or Shortbread (optional)
- drizzle of Balsamic Reduction (optional; see step 1 in linked recipe for directions)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients through brandy and beat with an electric mixer until all ingredients are well integrated and mixture is smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until well chilled.
- Serve over fresh fruit and, if desired, cake or shortbread.
Goat cheese mixture can be made up to 3 days ahead.