Croissant Crust Quiche is an easy twist on a classic comfort.
While you could use the croissant crust on any quiche recipe, this one is a hearty version that pairs well with wine for a satisfying brunch or dinner! We start with day-old pastries.
See our DIY Wine & Dine Menu: Anytime Brunch for additional meal ideas.
Suggested wine pairings follow the recipe.
|Cook Time:||35 min|
|Prep Time:||30 min|
|Total Time:||65 min|
|Method:||Stovetop and Oven|
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Split croissants in half and, using a rolling pin for baking, flatten them to an even thickness (about 1/2 inch). Line a large deep-dish pie pan or 10-inch oven-safe skillet with halves, crust side down. Spoon meat and veggie mixture evenly over croissants. Top with cheese shreds.
3. In a blender, combine eggs, cream and milk and blend on low speed 20 seconds. Add biscuit & pancake mix, nutmeg, salt & white pepper, then blend again 10 to 15 seconds. (Using a blender for the large quantity of eggs and dairy makes quick work of the whipping process.) Carefully pour mixture over crust and filling.
4. Bake on middle rack in oven for 30 to 35 minutes. You will need to cover quiche with foil about halfway through cooking or when outer crust begins to brown. (Be careful when working with foil. It can cause those annoying paper-like cuts.) Instead of tearing strips of foil, use this seamstress trick to quickly mark the center: fold foil in half and make a cut at the center, then unfold, fold in half again in alternate direction, cut perpendicular across previous cut, unfold and peel back from the "X". This will cover the edge, but allow center to continue to brown. Quiche is done when center is firm to the touch.
* 1 Leek, whites and soft greens, sliced
* 4 oz. Mushrooms, sliced and halved
* 2 cloves Garlic, minced
* 5 oz fresh Spinach, or Spinach & Kale mix, chopped
* 4 oz Gruyere Cheese, grated
* 6 eggs, room temperature
* 1 cup Heavy (Whipping) Cream, room temperature
* 1 cup Milk, room temperature
* 1/4 cup Biscuit & Pancake Mix
* Pinch of Nutmeg
* Pinch of Salt and Ground White Pepper
* 6- 8 sandwich-size Croissants