A game-winning MVP every time we serve it
Creamy rich and savory, this Chipotle Goat Cheese Spread with an irresistible smoky glow is delicioso when served cold and muy delicioso served up warm. A great appetizer for any game-watching party as it will pair with a wide selection of adult beverages.
Your friends will be thinking that you’ve been honing up on fancy-schmancy cooking techniques, but this dish only requires a skillet and food processor. Serve with crackers and crostini or as a sandwich spread on grilled chicken paninis.
Serves: 6 – 8
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup Pecans or Walnuts
- 6 ounces soft Goat Cheese (or half & half blend of goat cheese and cream cheese)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sundried Tomatoes in Oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon Fig Jam OR 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- dash Fish Sauce
- Cracker and Crostini for serving
- Pre-heat an 8 or 10 inch skillet over medium heat, add 1 – 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and chopped onions. Sauté until onions are translucent and caramelized. Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 -2 minutes until fragrant.
- While onions are cooking, add all remaining ingredients except nuts to the bowl of a food processor.
- When onions are cooked, add to the bowl of the food processor, then return the skillet to medium heat and add pecans or walnuts. Toast 3 to 5 minutes until nuts just begin to brown. Be careful as nuts will burn easily. Transfer nuts to the bowl of the food processor.
- Process all ingredients until smooth. May serve hot or cold. If serving as a hot spread, when ready to serve, transfer to an oven-safe ceramic dish. Heat in a warm oven just until softened and spreadable. Serve with crostini or fresh bread.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Wine Pairing Guide follow ads
Selections Direct to Your Door
Wine Pairing Guide
Want to know more about how to select the best bottle for your budget? You can find a great bottle at any price range if you know how to determine quality vs. price. Learn more in our primer Selecting the Best Wine for Your Budget.