Our friend and fellow wine pro Cesar Chavez makes this refreshing Sangria as a great option for drinking red wine on a sizzling summer day in Texas. Sangria pairs especially well with all the grilling events during the long hot season.
- 1 bottle of red wine (750ml), (traditionally Spanish Rioja)
- 1 cup of Grand Marnier, Cointreau or generic Triple Sec
- ½ cup Brandy
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 Orange, cut into slices
- 1 Lime, cut into slices
- 1 Lemon, cut into slices
- 1 cup of Pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 – 4 Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 24 ounces (2 cans) of Lemon-Lime Soda
- Additional citrus fruit for garnish
- Put all ingredients, except for lemon-lime soda and ice into a large pitcher and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the lemon-lime soda and top off with ice. Pour into wine glasses, straining off the fruit. Garnish each glass with a wedge of orange, lime or lemon if desired.