Secret Mushroom Sauce
Serve this savory Secret Mushroom Sauce over grilled beef steaks, pork chops, lamb or wild game. Mix in with ground meat for burgers or meatloaf.
This savory mushroom sauce is amazingly good on grilled meats, garlic mashers or as a hot party dip with crusty bread. The many layers of flavor in this sauce have been known to literally elicit sounds of pleasure around the room. I knew this was a keeper when a birthday batch I made for a friend was shipped overnight to another state. Bon umami! ~ Dale.
|Cook Time:||10 min|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||20 min|
* 3 – 4 tablespoons Umami.Life Secret Mushroom Sauce Base
* ½ Sweet Onion, chopped medium to fine
* 2 cloves Garlic, chopped fine
* 8 ounces fresh Mushrooms, sliced
* 2 cups low-sodium Bone Broth (Beef or Chicken) or Water
* fresh cracked Black Pepper
* Arrowroot Powder or Instant Mixing Flour
* Optional: Truffle Oil
1. In a large high-sided pan over medium heat, drizzle a liberal amount of EVOO. Sauté the onion and mushrooms until onions are translucent, then add garlic and sauté until fragrant and softened (2- 4 minutes).
2. Add Secret Mushroom Sauce Base, bone broth or water, stir in and let simmer for 10 minutes over medium to low heat. Taste, then add fresh cracked black pepper to your preference.
3. Whisk in 2-3 teaspoons arrowroot powder or instant-mixing flour to tighten up sauce until it begins to coat the back of a spoon. Slow simmer an additional 5 minutes for all to meld together. For extra umami “wow”, drizzle a little truffle oil in the sauce and stir. Even better the next day!
Additional serving options:
For a smoky Southwestern flare:
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground Chipotle Pepper
For Beef Stroganoff:
1 pound Top Sirloin Beef, sliced in strips and browned
2/3 cup Sour Cream
8 ounces Wide Egg Noodles, cooked according to package directions
2 lbs mix (1:1 or 1:1:1) of your preference of Ground beef, Ground Pork, mild Pork Sausage or Ground Lamb
8 ounces Mushrooms, chopped
1/2 medium Sweet Onion, chopped fine
3 cloves Garlic, chopped fine
1 egg, scrambled
1 cup Breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp Secret Mushroom Sauce Base
1 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon Base
For Mushroom Soup:
1 cup Half & Half
2 – 3 tablespoons Fino (dry) Sherry
1/2 tablespoon Agave Nectar
For Decadent Mushroom Fondue:
6 to 8 ounces Brie, cubed
Baguette, chut in chunks
1 pound bite-size Meatballs, cooked
For Savory Beef or Chicken Tacos:
Prepare beef picadillo or chicken taco meat as usual. Add 1 teaspoon Secret Mushroom Sauce Base per pound of meat.