Feeling in a funk or like you need a mental energy boost?
This Fog Break Hot Cocoa will give you the mental stamina to tackle a physics exam. Combining MCT-rich coconut milk powder with antioxidant rich cacao powder in a protein base is a triple play on wellness. Acacia Senegal Fiber powder adds gut health benefits. This recipe can easily double, if you like.
Servings: approx. 6
- 1 cup Coconut Milk Powder
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp. unprocessed Cacao Powder (not alkalized)
- ¼ cup Sugar (pure cane, organic, non-GMO or coconut)
- pinch Sea Salt
- Flavor options (shown below)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Acacia Senegal Fiber powder
- Put the coconut milk powder, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and flavor options in a bowl and whisk to combine. You may need to smooth out clumps with your fingers. If doubling the amounts, mix in a food processor on pulse to eliminate any lumps.
- Store the hot cocoa mix in an airtight container. A double recipe fills a 4-cup (1L) glass clamp canister.
To Make 1 Serving: Warm 8-10 ounces milk or dairy-free substitute on beverage setting in microwave or in pot on stove. Put ¼-⅓ cup of cocoa mix into a mug, whisk in 2-3 ounces of warmed milk or dairy-free substitute. Add remaining liquid and whisk or stir. Add a drop of vanilla extract and stir again. If making more than one serving, a blender or an immersion blender yields a nice frothy result. Remember that hot liquids expand when blended, so use a container that holds double the amount of liquid.
Spice Hot Cocoa Mix: Add 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice to the master mix and whisk to combine.
Mocha Hot Cocoa Mix: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee to the master mix and whisk to combine.