The silky texture and satisfying rich taste of Black Gold Black Bean Hummus make this protein-packed dip an everyday snacking option — as well as a great party appetizer! Texas Black Gold Garlic lends complex, caramelized flavors without the bite of raw garlic. Black beans bring a good source of protein and fiber to the party, while avocado offers brain healthy omega-3 fats and magnesium. Black Gold Garlic is a mellow, sweet source of S-Allyl cysteine, which is thought to have antioxidant benefits. If you love the taste of a 7 Layer Dip, then this is a big, healthy home-run hit for you.
Want to make just enough for 2 or 3 people to enjoy? No problem, just use half the amount of each ingredient.
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Inactive time:||1 hour|
|Servings:||8 – 12|
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed — reserve ½ cup
- ¼ cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ cup fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon crushed Texas Black Gold Garlic (about 8 – 10 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mushroom Soy Sauce (omit if not available)
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh Garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground Chipotle Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup (packed) chopped fresh Cilantro, leaves and thin stems only
- 1 medium Avocado
- ½ cup Roasted Red Peppers, rough chopped
- 4 Green Onions, sliced — divided use
- organic corn Tortilla Chips, Multi-grain Crackers, and fresh Naan or Pita Bread
- Set aside ½ cup of drained and rinsed beans. Stir the tahini to a smooth consistency before using as the ingredients can separate if it has been sitting. Combine ingredients through black pepper in a food processor. Process everything until smooth.
- Add the reserved beans, flesh of the avocado, cilantro, roasted red pepper and half the green onions. Process to combine leaving a hint of green leaves and bits of red pepper visibly peeking thru. Taste to check if hummus needs additional salt or black pepper.
- Spoon hummus into a bowl. Top with remaining sliced green onions. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, and toasted naan or pita triangles.
Note: This may be made 1 day ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.