Silky texture and satisfyingly rich taste
An everyday snacking option as well as a great party appetizer, Black Garlic Black Bean Hummus is a protein-packed dip. Texas Black Gold Garlic lends complex, caramelized flavors without the bite of raw garlic. Black beans bring a good source of protein and fiber to the party, while avocado offers brain healthy omega-3 fats and magnesium. Black Gold Garlic is a mellow, sweet source of S-Allyl cysteine, which is thought to have antioxidant benefits. If you love the taste of a 7 Layer Dip, then this is a big, healthy home-run hit for you.
Want to make just enough for 2 or 3 people to enjoy? No problem, just use half the amount of each ingredient.
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Inactive time:||1 hour|
|Servings:||8 – 12|
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed — reserve ½ cup
- ¼ cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ cup fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon crushed Texas Black Gold Garlic (about 8 – 10 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mushroom Soy Sauce (omit if not available)
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh Garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground Chipotle Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup (packed) chopped fresh Cilantro, leaves and thin stems only
- 1 medium Avocado
- ½ cup Roasted Red Peppers, rough chopped
- 4 Green Onions, sliced — divided use
- organic corn Tortilla Chips, Multi-grain Crackers, and fresh Naan or Pita Bread
- Set aside ½ cup of drained and rinsed beans. Stir the tahini to a smooth consistency before using as the ingredients can separate if it has been sitting. Combine ingredients through black pepper in a food processor. Process everything until smooth.
- Add the reserved beans, flesh of the avocado, cilantro, roasted red pepper and half the green onions. Process to combine leaving a hint of green leaves and bits of red pepper visibly peeking thru. Taste to check if hummus needs additional salt or black pepper.
- Spoon hummus into a bowl. Top with remaining sliced green onions. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, and toasted naan or pita triangles.
Note: This may be made 1 day ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Wine Pairing Guide follows ad
Best Selections Direct to Your Door
Wine Pairing Guide
Want to know more about how to select the best bottle for your budget? You can find a great bottle at any price range if you know how to determine quality vs. price. Learn more in our primer Selecting the Best Wine for Your Budget.