When we created the Grilled Cheese Gyro, our search of the social media scene yielded no previous posts of this toasty twist on a Greek classic. Yay us for bringing this version to life!
- 3 to 4 oz sliced Gyro Meat
- 2 slices Sourdough Bread
- 2 slices Cheese: Provolone, Mozzarella or blend
- ¼ Sweet Onion, sliced
- 2 Baby Sweet Peppers, cut in strips
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add a drizzle of EVOO, Sliced onions and sweet peppers. Cook until veggies are softened.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and garlic powder, remove to a plate.
- Add gyro slices to the pan and warm according to package directions. Remove to plate or dish when warmed.
- Lightly spread one side of each bread slice with EVOO or butter. Turn one slice over with the dry side facing up and stack a slice of cheese, meat, grilled veggies and another slice of cheese. Top with a second slice of bread. Transfer to a skillet and brown on each side.
- Serve with tzatziki on the side for dipping.
In general, pricing is a guideline as to the style of wine making in red wines.
Less expensive reds are made to enjoy as soon as you uncork. Pour and enjoy!
More expensive reds typically need 20 to 40 minutes to decant (breathe) to enjoy to their fullest.