With the savory deliciousness of Umami Thai Thighs, you can’t eat just two.
Suggested wine pairings follow recipe.
|Cook Time:||25 min|
|Prep Time:||30 min|
|Total Time:||60 min|
2. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix, then add chicken thighs, making sure are surfaces are in contact for maximum deliciousness. Place chicken thighs in a glass tray and cover with plastic wrap or in gallon-size zipper bags for marinade time. Place in refrigerator for minimum 2 hours or up to overnight to marinade. The longer the marinade time, the tastier the chicken!
3. Place thighs and sauce in a cast iron skillet on a grill at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes. Cook with grill lid closed. Then remove thighs from pan and place directly on grill grates for 3 to 5 minutes each side watching for caramelization of skin and grill marks.
4. Prepare dipping sauce(s) and serve alongside.
* 1 can (12 - 14 ounces) Coconut Milk, full fat
* 1/4 - 1/3 cup Palm Sugar (sweeten to taste)
* ¼ Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
* ⅓ cup Fish Sauce
* 8 cloves Garlic, chopped fine
* 1 - 2 Tbsp Asian Chili Sauce
* 2 - 3 Tbsp Panang or Yellow Curry Paste
* 1/4 cup Cilantro, diced
* Optional: 1 Tbsp Black Sesame Seeds for visual effect
Two exceptional sauces for maximum palate pleasure:
Umami Dipping Sauce (my go to)
¼ cup Water
¼ Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
⅓ cup Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar or Coconut Syrup or 1/4 cup Superfine Sugar
1 Tbsp Asian Chili Sauce or 2 Tbsp Gochujang (Korean Chili) Paste
8 cloves Garlic, chopped fine
1 Tbsp Panang or Yellow Curry Paste
1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, diced
1 Tbsp fresh Mint, diced
Yum Yum Coconut Sauce
14 oz can Cream of Coconut
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
1 heaping teaspoon Shiro Miso (mild yellow)
1 teaspoon Asian-style Hot Sauce OR 1/4 teaspoon Yellow Curry Paste
2 teaspoons Corn Starch